Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Gardening Inspiration!

Everyone thinks that the farm lady must have an amazing garden!  Right now, my garden looks like this:

nasty garden 

Sad.  Pitiful.  I can’t see past this and imagine that it will ever look different. 

 

 

So I am posting some pictures of our garden in better days, just to inspire myself. 

 

Lest you think I am responsible for this, I’m not. 

It’s Papa the Farmer who likes to garden.

 

I like pulling all last year’s dead plants out at the beginning of the season to give myself a fresh start.

I like looking through last year’s seeds and this year’s catalogues, planning what to plant. 

 

 

I like walking in the garden and sampling the snap peas when they are ripe. 

And I love a table filled with fresh garden-goodness!

 

But the weeding, watering, installing fences, fighting off animals and all the other work that goes into maintaining a garden? 

Not so crazy about that part.

 

So for now, I’ll just post pictures and dream about the really great garden we are going to have this year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment