Monday, November 29, 2010

Hay, That’s a Very Good Question!

Did you ever wonder what happens to those elaborate fall displays that you see in stories during October?  You know the ones I’m talking about…  The displays you see in the middle of the city with big bales of hay and scarecrows and pumpkins everywhere.  I always laugh to myself when I see hay in the middle of the city!  Not exactly it’s natural environment!

Well, look what Papa the Farmer came home with today:

104-0435_IMG

17 bales of hay FREE from an upscale health food store in Dallas!  We have a friend who works there and when the manager mentioned that he wasn’t quite sure exactly how to dispose of the autumn display, well, that friend thought of us! 

You may be asking yourself what we are going to do with 17 bales of hay.  That’s a very good question.  I’ll let you know when I figure that part out!  I’m pretty sure Papa the Farmer has plans for it… Mulching figs trees is my guess! 

I think we should make scarecrows.  We could make a whole family of scarecrows with that much hay.
Do you care to guess what he might do with it?  If you have a suggestion, leave it in the comments below!  If we use your idea, you will be forever immortalized on our blog… whatever that’s worth to you!

2 comments:

  1. Hey I can tell you what to do with it. Dig a trench and fill with potatoes in the early spring. Then cover them with lots of hay. Let the plants grow up through the hay. When it is time to dig the potatoes out, you just uncover the hay - no digging heavy soil or clay! Or, stuff the hay inside big black garbage bags and you have a cushy winter sled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this comment the day you posted it! That is really a smart idea. Thank you! I told Papa the Farmer your idea about planting potatoes... But by the time I hold him your idea, we had already built the Hay House. One of these days though we are going to have to take our beautiful hay house apart and put the hay to a more beneficial use!

    ReplyDelete